Saturday 29 December 2012

Skydiving in Wanaka, New Zealand

Hello mello,


I probably should have been updating more considering that I’ve been recycling old post from my old blog. Haha. Oh come on, bet you haven’t read most of it yet anyway.

So to pimp my blog with a more updated travel post, I’m going to write about my skydiving trip in Wanaka, New Zealand.

Initially, I’ve decided against my decision to join Karen and Tim for it after I dreamt of myself falling from high place just days before our New Zealand trip. I’m really superstitious so I thought that it was actually a sign to warn me from going ahead with it.

But when we reached NZ, I was totally in love with the view and everything that nature has to offer there. Imagine walking into a postcard. It was breath taking.

That was the only thing I thought about when we touched down at Christchurch. But when we reached Queenstown, I decided to do it anyway. I know I’ll regret it if I don’t.

I must say it ended almost as quickly as it started.



Was I scared? I believed that I wasn’t but looking back at the pictures and our collective videos. I looked stoned and stunned. What really went through my mind when I was on the plane waiting to get to 12,000 feet before letting a dude that I have never met prior to that, take control and decide when to take the plunge (possibly ending my life)?


Wow, the view is beautiful. Why is my heart not beating fast? Is it going to be scary? Why am I not scared?
I was deep in thoughts most of the time but honestly speaking, who knows.


Yeah I’m just being dramatic now.


I can’t remember shit. All I know is that I was in a pretty ugly orange jumpsuit (prisoner looking type), strapped up and strapped to a dude and then it was jumping time and half the time I was thinking, “Shit, I am going to look like this in my pics and videos?”



I remember being depressed over a few things in life weeks before that and I remember not being able to concentrate in anything I do apart from whining and well, feeling depressed. And I told myself that this trip to NZ and the jump would be a brand new start for me.

Then of course I changed my mind after I got that horrible dream of me falling from great heights with a fire fighter in a cart. Yes, cart. Don’t ask me why. It’s a dream. It’s meant to not make any sense.

We get to write messages on our palms for the dive. I wrote “FTS” and “Whee” then Karen said, “Why not WTF? It’s so you.” So I got greedy and wrote “WTF” as well.
Bad idea. There were too much going on on my palm.


Still, no regrets. Face super out of shape though!

Basically after you leap off the plane, you will be grasping for air but because we had the video guy there we tried to smile and show our palms to the camera. After that I was just trying to compose my face. My face was basically all over the place and I can barely shut my mouth. Bad times. That showed in my video too.

So sad.

Anywayyou probably won’t get to see those parts. If I’m gonna post it here at all, I’ll edit those parts away.


We went to explore Wanaka after sky diving. And this is Lake Wanaka.




Cute girl eating ice cream whilst her dad took her picture.







I can look at this view everyday.




What about a hand shake?




Another cute kid. Not a fan of kids but I super wish I can have a ang moh baby.








That is all for now. 
Goodnight peeps! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment