Tuesday 24 January 2017

El Bodegon - Barcelona, Spain.

First meal in Barcelona at El Bodegon. I suspected that this was a restaurant chain but I found out later on that it was not. I thought so because of the setting of the restaurant but we were so hungry and everything looked so good on the menu. So, we settled for this restaurant as J literally couldn't wait any longer to eat. I'm glad we did because I only managed to see the reviews after dining there and the reviews were very good.

We wanted good tapas. Although the regular tapas in Spain was not the nice little gourmet tapas that we were used to outside of Spain, everything was lovely except for the Spicy Fried Potatoes with Chipotle Mayo. It was really just chips drowning in mayo...
I wasn't lying right???? 😂😂😂
Okay here's a snippet of the menu, in case you find yourself about to dine here.
We ended up ordering only tapas as we didn't want to ruin our appetites for dinner. (We ruined our appetites for dinner.)
One of the best Iberian ham I've ever tasted.
Can never resist ordering any squid and octopus dishes. So greasy...so good.

I know I've mentioned this before but as we grew older, we found the joy in eating good food. It doesn't have to be expensive. It just gotta be worth the calories we are intaking.

These days I would literally be sulking if I had a bad meal. Such a brat. I know.
Chisstora sausages. Some damn good sausages. But everything was in such a big portion that we ended up doggy bagging some of it and take it back to the hotel before heading out again.

We did not regret it because we were so full from this meal, we couldn't eat dinner. By the time we were done sightseeing and back in the hotel, we were starving and ate the rest of it.

Man, them fried potatoes I was complaining about earlier was so goooood.
Mr. Husband.
400 hams were hung on the ceiling!

Service was good here. I would say overall it was a good experience. Mainly because of the good and very yummy Iberian Ham.

J love eating ham so I ended up having the opportunity to try different ones too. And the reason I thought this was good was because it doesn't leave that porky aftertaste. Just super smooth and tasty.

We managed to taste other ones during this trip and yup, none was better than this even though we probably paid more for the others.
Man vs. Ham.
Find out more here: El Bodegon - Tripadvisor

Address: Torrent de l'Olla, 38, 08012 Barcelona, Spain
Phone Number: +34 933 48 28 54

No comments:

Post a Comment