Friday 6 January 2017

Where to stay in Barcelona: Aparthotel Mariano Cubi

So many travel post to write and so little time! 2016 is nothing short of amazing. We ate at a lot of good places as well as travelled loads. I think 9 countries for me and 10 for him. Oh yeah, we also got married last Feb! 😁

I might have to work my way backwards for my memory power sake. Which is poor, which is also why I took photos of everything. Thank god for good camera mobile phones (although I really need a better one for travelling). So year 9 countries with multiple places to review.
Where are my manners??? Happy New Year guys!!! I do realize that I don't have a strong following because of my lack of updates but for those who stumbled upon my blog, welcome! And know that I make fake resolutions every year to update this blog regularly. 😦 I take it very seriously but I have to juggle a full time job and being a full time wife/mom to Dug and all my Netflix series.

The struggle is real.

Instead of rambling on and making excuses, I am just going to blog abt our latest trip!
 Barcelona, Spain! 
This was our final trip of 2016. We did a lot of city breaks last year and I think what I learned from that is that I need a good mix of both nature/scenic holiday and city breaks. By the time we went to Barcelona, I was all city out. 

That doesn't mean we didn't have fun though! The weather was milder than the UK but it wasn't warm warm. I quite like it as the last 2 times I went to Barcelona, it was hot. Toooo hot in fact and I didn't explore it like I did with my hubs.
We stayed in Aparthotel Mariano Cubi. I recommend it to a certain extend as it forces you to explore both directions away from the hotel to the closest 2 subway stations which are complete opposites. One side towards Fortuna is more ghetto while the other side towards Diagonal was much more upper class. 

We booked via booking.com and they said that it was very accessible to the subway. I can say that it is not if you have huge luggage. It is at least 15-20 mins walk. That's long with luggage.
Source: Google

I didn't take photos of the outside of the hotel.
Upon arrival, the service on the front desk was good. In fact, the service was good throughout our stay.

I think the only issue I had was the distance from the subway. 15-20 mins walk is not an issue as I walk a lot in UK anyway. It was just that I didn't expect that distance when we arrived.
The lobby. We didn't go for their breakfast because we wanted to explore local eateries as we always do whenever we go on a city break.
This was really welcoming. They gave us a handwritten note, champagne and chocolates to start our trip. That was a very nice touch.
Fooled around with my new selfie stick but something wrong with my front camera..or so I thought at that time.

When the trip was over, I found out that it was my screen protector that caused the cloudy effect. Ffs.
So we used his phone..which was better. I would normally argue that Samsung Note series has better camera but not that day. 

Not. That. Day.
Cape life. 

I can't find it after our holiday. I wonder if J secretly threw it away since I kept banging on about being Batman...
Outside view of our balcony.

Would I recommend others to stay here? Yes. But make sure you are not travelling with a big luggage if you are taking public transportation.

We only had a hand carry and it wasn't so bad but being a traveller, you need to consider all possible obstacles. It wasn't Summer so it is definitely bearable but comes Summer, that walk would be a tough one with big luggage.

Get a taxi from the airport. We did that on the way home.
"Address: Carrer Mariano Cubi, 62-64, 08006, Barcelona, Spain
Phone: +34 932099699"

No comments:

Post a Comment