Sunday 22 January 2012

I went to the Temple : Happy Chinese New Year 2012 - Chiang Mai

Hey Y'all,

The year don't really start till after Chinese New Year does it? Haha!

Well, at least for me. I do not necessary have the most Chinese family traditions, but we do celebrate Chinese New Year to a certain extent.

I was born into a Buddhist family so in my IC I'm a Buddhist. However, a couple of years ago I somehow lost faith and decided that religion is good for nothing. And since then, I don't pray or even believe anymore.

However when I went to Chiang Mai for my company trip few weeks ago, I decided that hey we should totally visit the temple. And so we did.

It was really spiritual. I never thought that I'd ever want to enter a temple again (not by choice at least) but I did and I was really glad I went there.

It was recommended by the locals and apparently it's one of the best temple in town.

It was huge.


The grand entrance. Everyone need to remove their shoes before entering.

Pinky and me in our sarongs!

Offerings.

All of us looking really tired from the activities and travelling.

We gave offerings and prayed. That's June in the middle.

Monks. Some are alive, some aren't.

Huge Buddha statue.

You're allowed to take photos in the temple, but no flash!
And here's the corpse of a monk who died at the age of 98.

Bath.

The reason why we were in sarongs.

That concludes my trip to the temple. Like I said I'm not religious, but I do believe that Buddhism is more of a way of life than a religion. I believe in karma and doing good things to other people.

I wish all my readers, a Happy Happy Dragon Chinese New Year 2012 and may everyone find long lasting happiness this year! :)

Ball lights I bought from Chiang Mai for only RM9.00! Bargain! Look how pretty it made the sakura tree look!

To those who gamble during this festive season (not that I encourage it), win more!

xoxo,
Mimi Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment