Saturday 4 June 2016

Where to eat in Haga? Sjobaren - Gothenburg, Sweden

We always wanted to eat where the locals eat if possible when travelling so we asked our receptionist at Hotel Vasa where would a local eat around Haga area in Gothenburg.

They suggested Sjobaren. We wanted seafood as Gothenburg is known for their fresh seafood. We checked Tripadvisor and confirmed their recommendation. So we went wandering aroung looking for it.

We didn't have data so we we followed the map given to us by the hotel. We are seriously not good at using the map wtf.
So we ended up roaming to use Google Map. Haha damn fail!
I really liked Haga but I will leave that for another post because it is just too much pressure for me to post all in one post. I find that I am more motivated to blog when I do it in nuggets rather than the whole thing at once. Also, why am I back here? I found out that I can cut and paste this whole post to my blogspot blog.

I digress. Anyway, we found the place very quickly as Haga is just one long street. Gothenburg is not extremely pretty but it has its charm.

Sick face. I am sick again as of now but I was so ill then after getting back from Malaysia. J caught my bug after this trip. Sozzz babyyy!

He was nice enough to carry my backpack for me.

We were very lucky because we got in to ask for a table later on that evening but they were fully booked. As we were exiting the restaurant the friendly manager quickly told us that someone just cancelled at that moment and if we wanted the table right now. So we went for it immediately.
We weren't even hungry but we didn't want to miss the opportunity as it seemed like they will be full for the weekend.

As soon as we sat down and looked around we knew that we made the right decision. 😄

It is more pricey than the usually already pricey Gothenburg but it was very worth it.

I always thought that London was more expensive than other parts of Europe but that wasn't true at all.

Local beer. I think he liked it. I was ill so I asked for hot water only.

I think between us, I am the more adventurous one when it comes to food. I noticed that J tend to go to his comfort zone when he eats out. I don't think he realized it cos he once laughed at his dad for not being adventurous..apple don't fall far from the tree huh? Lol

I think I influenced him now. He tries to go for something different everytime now. When I said influenced, I mean laughed at him till he changed! Hehe.

Some bread and butter to start. We can see the kitchen where we sat and think they bake their own.

Yes, oysters again! It was very good.

We shared our starters and dessert because we really weren't very hungry but it was good.

I ordered a wallenberger. It was super fresh but while I can taste its freshness, it is a little bland for me.

Do I still recommend it? Sure. Especially if you like fish or crab cakes.

J ordered his favourite cod. The one with crab dumplings.

He really loved it. He kept going like emm emmm emmm when he ate. So annoying. Cos mine was bland.

They are really creative actually, this restaurant. They really care about combining different flavours.

This is the clementine filled doughnut with cream cheese ice cream. Special right?

But at this point, omg, so full.
We walked back to the hotel after the meal in complete food coma.

Address: Haga Nygata 25, 413 01 Göteborg, Sweden

No comments:

Post a Comment