Thursday 29 May 2014

Hong Kong, Birthday, La Vache.

Happy Birthday Silly Man! You will always me my old man baby...or baby old man?!
My colleague Karina mentioned that we are like old married couple because I told her that J and I made arrangements that since I got him two birthday gifts, he will buy dinner! Haha 

Naturally, he always try to pick nice places (with or without an occassion) to take me and of course, he is secretly a diva and love going to nice places to eat too. Initially, he picked The Steak House at Intercontinental Hotel and up to 5.45pm today I didn't know anything about the place.
So, I asked him and when online to look at the menu and found out that just a Chateaubriand cost HKD1,700++. I told him it is too expensive to spend on a meal. He knew but he didn't mind but I feel so super painful paying that much just for the steak alone. Maybe, recently we have dined out a lot at many nice places but none of it cost that needlessly much. Okay, #MazeGrill is not counted. And that is in London. I'm sure the food will be fantastic and worth every penny.
Maybe as I grow older, I am beginning to feel the need to be more careful with my money (and now ours). I used to just buy air tickets with whatever money I have in my bank. We definitely make more than a lot of families in #HongKong but I want to make sure we have money saved for rainy days.

My boss commented that surely J already know what he has to pay when he chose the restaurant. Well, of course. He is the more switched on one between us on certain things and this is one of those things.
I actually felt bad after she said that. Maybe he wants to dine there badly..and it is his birthday. Why am I doubting his choices? 

I felt bad and told him that we could go there if he wanted. Turns out, he doesn't care. And I quote," I just want to go somewhere to eat and be happy together." I felt relieve after. He can be such a sweetheart sometimes.

I'm pretty sure I'm PMSing now as well because I've been feeling emo all day.
Anyway, we discussed and decided that we will go to #LaVache since we've always wanted to dine here together. But it was well busy and they didn't take reservation so we had to wait for an hour.

It was still relatively early so it was a great excuse for us to go and have some #cocktail around the corner. They make awesome Earl Grey Caviar Martinis.
It was at this quaint place called #Quinary.
I really liked it. Imma bring @pinkytham here when she come next month. Can't wait!!
Check out the caviar. Come to think about it, maybe they should go easy on it.
More photos of him because it is his birthday!
The cliche looking but very pro bartender making our drinks.

We were only there for merely 40 mins before La Vache gave us a call back. So we headed back to the restaurant.
When we got back to the restaurant. It was more packed than before so thank god for the waiting list.

Everything was simple at La Vache. What you see is everything there is on the menu. The only thing you get to choose is how you like your beef/the temperature of the beef (depending on which part of the world you are from). The waitress asked J what temperature would you like your beef and he said,"Warm." I burst out laughing and told him what she meant. It was so funny.
He said nobody ever asked him that before when he ordered steak at other restaurants (steak is one of his very unhealthy choice of staple food). To be fair, I only know because I watch a lot of reality TV shows like Kitchen Nightmares and Hell's Kitchen. I swear I know what will bring success to any restaurant watching every single episode of them.
Green salad and walnut.
Trimmed Beef Entrecote and unlimited fries. I ordered medium and it came just right.
They served it on one of these hot metal plates to be kept warm.
The photo bomber and my #TarteTatin. I think I came back mostly for this but they were so busy so it doesn't taste the same as the first time I ordered it.
Lastly, what I bought him for his 31st Birthday. He was so excited about it, he didn't even waited till midnight last night to open his gift.
He can haz a new wallet! He took this photo himself. So rare.

I'm going to bed now. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment