Sunday 8 March 2015

Denbies Wine Estate and Surrey Hills Brewery, Dorking

7.21pm now and I am on bed. Showered. And feeling sleepy. Living the life of not working and still get to enjoy the weekend like you working folks.

Ok fine, that is half true since I am doing freelance projects now. Haha

Today I was unexpectedly enjoyed myself so much. The weather was beautiful and @milkystainz brought me to a vineyard. I've always wanted to tour one when I went to Europe and Australia but never got a chance till today. 😁

Ignore my made-me-look-like-Baymax sweater and see how happy I was. I did put on some weight but not THAT much.

Sunny weather. I even get to replenish my tan from Aman Dusun with #Sisterhoodies.

In my hand was a lovely cup of honeycomb hot chocolate that I have been dying to have since a few weeks ago. Finally ☕☕☕

My handsome man and the March vines.

It is at its dormant stage now but still very pretty to look at.

We came for the indoor tour and wine tasting. I like how we get to roam around the vineyard freely. They even allow dogs so maybe next time we can bring Dug.

Today I remembered why I loved UK so much when I was studying here but now I have a more grown up reason to and my taste has changed so much.

The view was beautiful. I don't mind sitting there all day. It was sunny and slightly chilly. The prefect combo.

After booking our tour, we had 2 hours to walk around and take photos. We covered the whole place but we will come back again in August/September time during the harvesting of the grapes.

Apparently Denbies is the biggest wine estate in England.

Not sure if I posed for this or was it candid but my legs were shockingly short in this photo so you only get to see half of it.

And then there is a photo of him drinking his curiousity cola..no, seriously.

See. I told you.

Anyway, we went to a brewery in the wine estate. It is called the Surrey Hills Brewery. It is not associated to Denbies at all. They were just renting a space on the land. The dude who sold is the beers told us. He was awesome. He recommended a really good place for food at Dorking town center to us. Tell you more about this later if I remember and don't fall asleep before tomorrow.

One of these is a winter beer. Not sure which one now. Hoho!

No comments:

Post a Comment