Thursday 18 June 2015

Hong Kong: That Secret Bar in the Alley

That bar with no name.
I love going out with my colleagues because I always get to discover new places in #HongKong.

HK is pretty well-known for their hidden bars and J brought me to one in #Central when I came to HK last year.

This one is pretty cool as it is behind the famous #HamandCherry restaurant. You can't see them, but they can see you.

I still don't know the name of the bar but Katie called it the School bar.
Nobody in #Malaysia would walk into an alley like that. If they do, it has to be some really cool/hipster place because nobody wants to be robbed or raped really.

However, HK is really safe. I have stopped being paranoid while walking in the street...but of course I still try to be really cautious being a true Malaysian.

This bar is at #WanChai. Literally around the corner from my office.
Also, I signed my name on this wooden shelf outside the bar. It is probably the only indication that the bar is there. 

If you are coming to HK soon, check it out. My name might still be there. Wakakakaka!
The decor of the bar is probably not unusual. It is just really really dark. It is quite nice if you like that sort of stuff.

You can see the patrons in Ham & Cherry but they can't see you.
I guess the #USP of this place is definitely the concept or rather theme. The menu is in an exercise book.

I don't think I have held one since high school.
Page 1.
The name of the cocktails are related to school and childhood memories.
Really liked the concept. Cool huh?
It is amazing how I managed to take any photos. It was so dark.
This is probably one of the best presentation of the cocktails tonight. I think the drink is called "Mum's Cooking". Love the little pot and egg-beater.
I was gonna show you more photos of the drinks we had but I'm getting really tired now.

We received a report card when we asked for the bill. That was pretty funny!
Hope you enjoyed this post.

Goodnight! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment