Saturday 15 September 2012

Alexandra, New Zealand


Hello Carol!

It's been 6 years since I last saw you. It was great catching up at Alexandra when I was in New Zealand even though it was for only an hour. Congratulations on your engagement and it was lovely finally meeting Mark.

I'm looking forward to attend your wedding this coming March 2013. Now some financial planning is needed! :)

xoxo,
Mimi Pie

****

Alexandra was nice and quiet. It's a very small town but there's quite a lot of sports and recreational places there.

Initially we weren't going to pass through Alexandra but the night before Tim asked me if I wanted to see my friend if we head back to Christchurch using that route. I said yes if she's free because it was pretty last minute.

So that morning we decided to take that route and I Facebook messaged her to tell her I'll be reaching Alexandra in an hour. I gave her my mobile number and asked her to text me as we do not have each other contact numbers.

I didn't hear from her till we reached Alexandra and stopped by for lunch at this place called the Kiwi Milk Bar and Cafe. I ordered my food and 5 mins later I got a text from her to say she's working 5 minutes away. So, I told her to hurry and come over. I so need to see her.

From the restaurant I can see her crossing the street so I rushed out, ran towards her and we hugged. That's so movie worthy I tell you.

Carol got slightly emotional and I was in disbelieve. We haven't seen each other for so long. So so long. So much has changed. I've changed.

It was great.

She called her fiancee at work to come meet us. She said I was the only other person apart from her mother who've visited her since she moved to NZ to be with Mark.

It was awesome. I was very happy to have met her then.

If my finances allows it, I'll be heading to NZ once again in less than 6 months.

Oh....Happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment