Saturday 15 September 2012

The Leaning Tower of Pisa

Before I ever stepped foot on the soil of Italy, I always thought that Pisa was a city or at least, a town.

To my surprise, all that was there were the leaning tower,a marketplace and a whole lot of tourists! LOL That obviously showed that I was lacking in geographical knowledge and I don't read many travelling books.

Since it's one of the 7 Wonders of the World along with the fact that I appreciate historical architectures, visiting the place is like a dream come true.

I love the Gothic, the Cathedral and the Tower.

The leaning tower is apparently in danger of collapsing. I'd be gutted if I didn't get to visit the place before I die.

On the way to the tower from the tour bus. If you've visited the place, you must have passed this road.


Look, the leaning tower of Pisa is right at the end.


Never fail to camwhore. I love being a tourist. Felt great.


Madly windy and sunny. Don't mind my goofy grin. I was actually really happy then!


Check out the goth in the architectural.


That pose is a must-do at Pisa.


Yeap, this pose. You haven't been to Pisa if you don't have a picture like that!

***

Ah! How about a little game of : SPOT THE DIFFERENCES!
Picture #1


Picture #2

Okay, so how many differences have you spotted?

I was surprised that I actually held the same pose with the same look for both the pictures!
***

This is probably the coolest tower I've ever seen.



McDonald's so global.



A simple Italian cafe.


Having some juices while waiting to get back into the tour bus. Look how tan my arms were.

T.T...it's still very tan now! :(


Okay, last picture before I left the place. Not sure if I'll ever go back to see the tower again. Unless of course, if I am filthy rich and have no where else to go, I'll come back to see it again if it still exist at that time.


And yes, you'll be passing this street on the way back to where tour buses were parked. I thought it was a beautiful sight. The flowers reminded me of Bunga Kertas.


On the way back to the ship.

****

Alrighty, I'm going to bed now. Hope you enjoyed reading this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment