Friday 21 September 2012

I went to Colombo, Sri Lanka when I was 23..

Written on the 23.06.2008

I was made fun of when I told everyone I was flying back to Malaysia from UK with Sri Lanka Airlines. I can honestly say the trip back was awesome. Sure, I did take a day longer than others to reach Malaysia but my 23 hours transit in Colombo for a day was really really worth it. Why would I visit Colombo otherwise right?


Peter and I get to try the local food.


And maybe some international food...


Peter is my baby brother from Miri.


Excited to go home!




The resort that the airline put us up for the transit was beautiful. Sucks I can't remember the name of the resort now.


More food!




The bed was comfy though there were mosquitoes at night.


The beach by the resort.


Pool area.


We took a walk at the beach before sunset. We joked about how we ended up there with the wrong partner wtf. But I love my baby bro. So, holidays with him will always be pretty awesome.



The Sri Lanka Airlines' cabin crew were very polite and helpful. And the seats in their economy class is quite spacious...well, at least it's more spacious than KLM.

To be fair, maybe I did not have any expectations for them because when I went to the UK for the first time, I flew with KLM and it was awful. I hated it so much. Everyone had to share one TV throughout the 7 + 7 hours flight.

This was definitely way better. Even their airplane food was great.

Well done Sri Lanka Airlines =)

No comments:

Post a Comment