Monday 9 June 2014

Art Basel in Hong Kong

Tgif beetches.

What a long day at work but very rewarding too. I always believe putting in extra effort into my work even though I might not be recognised for it. But I was, so all the better. Two clients so far have commented that the CVs/talents that I found was great. I usually only get compliments from my bosses. So yeah, keep it coming baby. If only compliments can be converted into money.

I want to blog something short today. So, let's talk about art.
We went to the Asia Contemporary Art Show 2014 last month. Thanks so Kunal, we managed to get free tickets to enter. 

I was eager to go because I love artsy fartsy stuff since I was young but I have never admitted it since I finished Secondary 3 but that is a story for another day.

It was very exciting as well because we get to see contemporary art from all over the world. Jesse is not a great fan but he accompanied me. He ended up enjoying it too. It was at the Conrad Hotel.
That is me checking out all the art in the bathroom. 

They were really creative with the whole exhibition venue idea. They used hotel rooms as exhibition space for different galleries. I love how they utilised the bathrooms too. 

While it was an unconventional idea to do so, I don't think the organizer have it all thought out. There were art being exhibited in 5 levels but there were only two hotel room toilets available to public. So the queue were crazy for both. Not impressed.
This is one of the art that I have to highlight. It is from a Malaysian artist. I'm not gonna pretend like I remember his name but he did a lot of quirky childhood memories art. 

If everything didn't cost HKD10,000 and above..I would have bought one or two to keep. Well, my art jamming session better be soon.
This is a piece from a Vietnamese artist who was trying to express the how the modern day Vietnamese female looked different from Vietnamese female from the olden days. 

Apparently the purple gloss on the art is not ease to achieve. 

See I can remember all the stories and meaning of the art but I'm just so bad with names.
This is one of Jesse's fave. The photo is definitely not doing it justice. It is as wide as the bed it is placed on. Huge. I'm not so sure how Linda is going to feel about this. It is not a hornbill right? Or is it?
This one is a little strange. We only took it because we are obssessed with anything that looked like Dug.
Prior to this exhibition, I'm sure I have seen this somewhere before. It is pretty cute.
Not sure what the fuss is for this one. It is just McDonald's related. Or maybe, I just don't get it.
This is @yuennyyee and a duckling.
I want to post more but I'm very sleepy and I don't want to continue this on another day. So this is all you get for this event in #HongKong. 

#artshow #artbasel #contemporaryart

No comments:

Post a Comment