Tuesday 24 June 2014

Hong Kong: Afternoon Tea at Ritz Carlton

So last last weekend, @pinkytham finally came to visit. She is the only representative from the #Sisterhoodies who came.

And again, I took the opportunity to do stuff that I enjoy and know she will too. J suggested afternoon tea, my favourite activity if I wasn't actually working in a day job.
It was really difficult to choose any photos that Pinky took for me. This was the best. Sigh. I will do a comparison post of the photos I took for her and the ones she took for me soon. Haha.

We were at level 103 at the #RitzCarlton hotel. The view was lovely despite the fog.
We were quite hungry that day after a disappointing #dimsum breakfast. So we ordered this wagyu cubes and a carbonara.

We didn't take any photos of it because we focused on eating it too much. 

It. Was. So. Good.

One of the best I've tasted. Usually, I don't like my pasta so rich but the chef here used egg yolks to make the sauce instead of using cream. Yummmmzzz!
She wanted more than some. 

Miss her silly face now! Good thing I'm going to see the bunch soon.

Anyway, the sandwiches, cakes and scones were very good. Though I was the only one who liked the scones. Pinky didn't like it. J was unaffected. I guess I'm more English than him for once. It is priced at HKD598 for 2.

I can't accept not having scones, clotted cream and jam whenever we go back to UK. It is a must for me. A MUST!

No comments:

Post a Comment