Tuesday 3 June 2014

Park Island, Hong Kong: My Island and The Weather

Of all my years of living in Malaysia, I have never intentionally sit under the aircond and I would always..and I mean ALWAYS order a hot drink. Rain or shine.

Last weekend was madness. It was so hot in HK, I was literally dripping with sweat standing in my kitchen preparing food for this week. Ew gross I know. I had to run to the bathroom to refresh every 30 mins, just so I don't add extra ingredients in my food. In fact, I have never sweat like that before. No even in the gym.
My gym #ootd.

I know you must be thinking why don't I just get an airconditioner or fan fixed in my kitchen (where I spend so much time in). But have you seen the size of HK properties. It is not even possible with the space. Sigh!

So I usually tell @milkystainz to crank up the A/C in the living room and hope that I get to benefit a little from it.

The thing is, I like to put on some crime documentaries when I'm cooking. I even bought a wall stand just for my tablet and speakers.
And J will be playing his latest games really loud with his speakers too. So at the end, I will end up shutting the door of my kitchen. He will offer to put on his earphones to play but it can't be good for his ears with that level of noise. I rather not.

Woah, so I started my Tuesday whining. I can't help it. It is my first working day. I hate long weekends because of the short work week. I am happy that it is June though. So much to look forward to. For one, @pinkytham is visiting in 2 weeks.
The weather was great for outdoor activities. I'm glad I didn't get a heat stroke. It was a great great feeling dipping in cold water with the sun out.

I find HK weather to be very drastic. It is either really cold or really hot. I only had a week of in betweens during my mom's visit. Thank god for that. My mom would have hated the heat.
On the way home from gym. 

Let me story you about this whole gym business. I have been dreading to join the gym since my #Nuffnang days because of the fear of commitment. Anything that wants to tie me down for 2 years or hell, 1 year is scary to me.

But the beauty of the facilities on my island is that we can pay per use. I NEVER REALIZED THAT CARDIO ON A THREADMILL COMES WITH A PERSONAL FAN. I guess that was how long ago since I have been to the gym. Everything has evolved.
The view when I cycle in the gym. I guess I never really appreciated a threadmill before. Now, I love everything about it. The airconditioner, the FAN, bottle holder and I can place my phone on a holder to listen to music without it bouncing on my arm or pockets when I run outdoors (which I still prefer but not in this weather).
The panda that I see everyday on the way home. Reminds me of@yuennyyee. 

I love where I live now. I think it is the only reason I can tolerate HK. It is so hard to explain it to anyone without inviting them over to see it for themselves.
The garden where we usually hang out with Dug.
The majestic #TsingMa bridge. It is such a beautiful view and sometimes I have to tell myself to not take anymore photos of it. They all looked the same.
Another hang out spot for Dug to play with other dogs by the pier.
The bridge from another angle.
The fishing village at the back of the island. You can find plenty of abandoned homes there. I think the people got evicted. It can be quite creepy at night but during the day, it is quite beautiful.
The view at the back of the island if you hike all the way up.
An altar on top of the hill. People still come up here to give their offerings and pray.
Sometimes you can find the most random stuff outside the villagers' homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment